Saturday, October 07, 2006

ALDS Game 3: Oakland 8, Twins 3

I don't wanna talk about it :-(

Okay, I will.

About the time of the third error, I started to realize that this team did not DESERVE to be going further. 5 errors in 3 games. Oh, and that does NOT include Torii's misplay on the inside-the-park homer. The A's didn't make mistakes, and they made sure the Twins paid for every one of theirs.

Radke was not sharp, giving up two home runs in the first 3 innings. Putting the Twins in a 4-0 hole early. Hunter started the comback with a home run, but then ended it when he was thrown out at home. Can't blame him for that though. I would have sent him as well. It was a good throw by Bradley, and a marginally bad call by the umpire.

Morneau's error in the 7th set up the finishing blow - a 3 run double by Marco Scutaro, who became the hero of the day.

Radke, tis too bad the final game was this way. I thank you again for a wonderful season.

Twins, I think it's time to work on the fundamentals during the offseason.

A's, congratulations, you played great baseball, and good luck to you and your quest for a title. You showed this fan how great your team is and how dangerous it is to take you lightly. We thought the A's would be easier than the Yankees, clearly, that was not the case. Good luck.

Tigers, so you DID throw those games in KC! I'm beginning to think that Ozzie let us win that last one :-) Good luck to you too.

Yankees, go to hell (j/k). Good luck, but I don't really mean it. I hope the Tigers beat you into submission and all that money Steinbrenner spent goes to waste.

Cardinals, how the bleep do you do it? 5 games over .500 to finish the season and you're about to get past the first round... AGAIN!

Anyway, right now I'm very bitter. I'm bitter that the Twins played so badly. I'm bitter that lesser teams are making it past the first round while our guys are going home. I'm bitter that the Yankees are the golden child of ESPN even though they spend more money than the government. I'm bitter that the Twins had such a great season, and ended on such a downer. It would have been one thing to lose the series closely 3-2, but they got stomped 3-0.

The day will get brighter once the Yankees lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home