Friday, October 06, 2006

Pregame: Game 3

I'm prepared.

I thought about today's game this morning, and I'm prepared.... for a let down. I need to be, otherwise, when it does happen, I'll be in a worse mood if I don't prepare a little bit.

The A's have lost 9 straight games when faced with an opportunity to eliminate their opponent. The Twins have a knack for ending bad streaks for other teams. Plus, with Torii's play on Wednesday, I think a lot of the life has been sucked out of this team. So, instead of remembering 2006 as the Twins 3rd World Championship, we're going to have to remember 2006 has many other things.

- It was the first year the Twins had anybody hit 30 homeruns since 1987.
- It was the year we remembered Kirby Puckett after he died in March.
- It was Brad Radke's swansong, and he will be remembered for his guts and determination.
- Johan Santana's second Cy Young award.
- Mauer becoming the first AL catcher to win the batting title.
- Cuddyer's emergence
- Liriano's amazing rookie year
- Punto's head first slides
- Morneau's emergence as a power threat and RBI guy.
- An incredible regular season where the Twins found themselves 12.5 games back in June, 10.5 games back in early August. Took a share of the Central lead on the 159th game, and won the division on the last day of the season.

There's plenty to remember about this season.

Now, just because I'm prepared, doesn't mean I want the Twins to lay down and die this afternoon. I would be very disappointed if this became an early blowout. I want to see them keep winning. And I'd love for Radke to be the hero the pull this team from the mire. But I'm prepared for their fate. I'm going to take the pessimistic/realistic view point, and be happy if/when they turn it around and pull off a victory.

Good luck boys, and bring home a winner!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Scribe said...

What up man. Just want to let you know I am almost the opposite of you. I am a Minneapolis Cardinals fan. But I happen to have Twins first, Cards second priority. Either way, I'm stoked about the STL being up 2-0. IS Redbird nation talking world series again?

10/06/2006 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home