Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Road Trip

Last night, I was heading to Bloomington-Normal, IL for a small road trip. On the way there, I started listening to "Three Nights in August" by Buzz Bissinger. Interesting book on CD. I really liked some of the stories about LaRussa and Dave Duncan and some of the plights of the Cardinals. However, on the way back (I left around 9 central time), I paused the CD to listen to another great radio program.

I was able to get the Twins on CCO again, and with luck they were still on and in the eighth inning. Hearing about Morneau's 5 hits was quite a pleasure. Now, Morneau is 5th on the leaderboard for average. Huh? That's right. He's the fifth best hitter in the AL. If he catches up to Jeter, will that help his chances for MVP?

When they reported the Sox-Tigers game score, 7-0 Chicago, I clapped and cheered, knowing the Twins were now only 1/2 game out. But then I thought about it. Now matter who was winning, I was going to cheer. If Chicago lost, that meant a 5 1/2 game lead over the Sox, and that would be very nice as well. But knowing that the team's only 1/2 game out of first place in the Central, especially considering where they were the first game after the All Star Break (12 games out), is something amazing.

I do hope the Tigers get in, it would be a shame for them to collapse and let the Sox in. The Tigers have played tremendously this season. But I want THEM to play the Yankees.

Oh, and I heard a little birdie say that the Twins would be on ESPN on Thursday. Santana vs Beckett. I may just have to traverse over to my mother's house (I don't have cable) to watch the game with another Twins fan.

Go Twins! and *shudder* go White Sox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home