Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Pure Momentum

I think the Twins won last night on momentum alone.

I love it how Frank Thomas hits a home run in the fourth, thinkin' he's all that. Then angry Cuddyer (I'm calling him Hulk from now on) comes up in the fourth to answer with a two run shot. Beautiful. Hunter adds another solo shot in the 6th, and the Twins offense shows up again for a 9-4 win.

God Bless Silva. After pitching 6 shutout innings against TB, he took himself out of the game for the good of the team, except the bullpen just happened to blow it that night. I think Silva realized after that game that this team does need him, and that they believe in him more than he believes in himself. Last night, he throws 7 innings and gives up just that Thomas home run. Boy did Silva find the perfect time to get back on track.

I was thinking about the season this morning, and I realized something. Since the Tigers beat the Twins 33-1 in their first meeting in April, the Twins and Tigers split their games 8-8 the rest of the season. In fact, since the All-Star break and the Twins renaissance, the Twins actually went 6-4 against the Tigers. They have also gone 7-2 against the Sox. When it comes right down to it, the Twins got down early in the season agains the Central, but since then they have come on strong and come out swinging. But yet they've had trouble with the Royals (except for that four game sweep).

I'm curious to see how Guerrier does tonight in his first start of the season. I hope they can keep this momentum going. I REALLY wish I was off on Wed so I could watch Liriano pitch. But alas, I'll have to settle for Gameday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home