Saturday, September 09, 2006

Something Positive

So, looking through my archives, I've realized that I've been posting mainly when something bad happens. Today I'm going to break that. I'm going to rave about last night's game. Mostly because I was actually able to listen to the Twins go ahead.

For a couple weeks now, the offense has been frustrating. Not many runs. Hits, yes, but no capitalization. Last night, down 4-2, Morneau comes through with a big double to tie the game. Then Hunter follows up with a single to take the lead. My wife laughs every time something good happens and I pump my fist in excitement. Then she explains to our children that "Daddy's team is winning."

I'm excited also because with Santana pitching on Sunday, I feel fairly confident that this team can at least split, if not win this series. And the further this season goes, while the Twins stay in the WC lead, the more exciting this whole race becomes. But again, it's just so unfortunate that one of the great AL Central teams will not make the playoffs. It's a shame because each one deserves to be there.

I'm looking forward to following another great game tonight. Hopefully the Twins can pull out a victory and have a good shot at a series win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home