Saturday, August 05, 2006

Week in review

The week started out nice. Then our own Killer "B's" brought us down to earth. Now against the Royals we're looking like the June/July wonders again. I'm tired of the roller coaster, I just want to sit at the top of the hill and enjoy the view.

Games like Monday's, Thursday's and tonight's are nice. Ya know, the Twins get off to a nice start and it takes the pressure of the pitcher (which usually helps. Silva both Monday and tonight.) However, Tuesday and Friday, we had to really battle. We struggled to get going. I still can't believe Santana gave up four runs?

What got our team back into this race was our pitching. And as long as Silva is carrying us (did I just say that), hopefully we can get back into the groove with our lefties. This season ain't over yet, and the Yankees, White Sox, Red Sox and Tigers are still winning.

Side note, the first thing I noticed when checking tonight's game online, was that we had 11 runs and 9 hits (fewer hits than runs?). Then I noticed the walk count. Holy cow! 12 walks! And thanks to SBG comment board for noticing, none for Hunter. (Dude, take a pitch).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home