Wednesday, July 26, 2006

That's THREE!

Holy smelly footwear Batman! The Twins just won 3 straight on the road against the World Champs!

Before this 9 game stretch against CLE-CWS-DET, I was thinking to myself, "Just get over .500, and we're still in this thing." They've just clinched .500, and now they can go for gravy. They've been doing that since June.

With one more game against the Bo Sox, I thought "If the Twins can just get to .500, that would be nice. I calculated it, they had to go 13-9 at that point. They went 17-5. I hoped that they would have taken 3 of 4 against the Tribe and Rays. They 1-uped me again.

After they won Tuesday's thriller, I started thinking, "Wow, that was a great game. We won the series at least." I fully expected a loss with Silva vs. Buerhle.

But then I thought, "Why can't we win? Why can't we sweep?" Screw the pitching matchup, it's not like Mauer and Morneau pay attention to the trend that Lefties don't hit lefties well.

Now I'm to the point where I'm going back and forth thinking we can get 2 out of 3 against Detroit, vs winning the whole damn series.

Why can't we? We've got our top 3 pitchers going out there. Our offense is doing well. We're at home. We beat Detroit 2 of 3 last time we played them at home, when we were bad. And besides that, we won with Silva on the mound, on the road, against the World Champs, and their best pitcher.

So why can't we seep them kitties? Huh? Why can't we?!

P.S. Leave it to the freakin' Yankees to let us do all the work while they take over the Wildcard lead! They don't know what they're getting into!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home