Monday, July 31, 2006

The Week ahead (7/31-8/6)

So, this week we get a bit of deja vu with a couple series against Texas and Kansas City, the two teams that schooled us just before the All-Star break. I have mixed feelings.

The Detroit series really humbled the team. After doing so well to start the second half (not that 13-4 is anything bad), the Twins lost 2 of 3 to the Tigers. I really felt that we could do better considering our performance against Chicago. But alas, it was not to be.

Now we get a Texas team (with the added bonus of Carlos Lee) fighting in its own playoff chase, and a weak KC team with nothing to lose. Both teams should be easy prey for the Twins, but as we saw earlier this month, they can be just as dangerous as Detroit.

To make matters worse, Detroit gets Cleveland and Tampa Bay, and Chicago gets KC and Toronto (at least Tornoto is in a race). New York also gets Toronto and a series with Baltimore. (Great, now I have to start worrying about what the Yankees do). Pretty soon, I'm sure I'll be following Boston more closely!

The Twins need to go 5-2. That's the bar I'm setting. They usually out play my predictions. However, the chances of the other teams letting us catch up does not look good. So, we need to keep pace. I said before the Cleveland series that the Twins would be well to go 5-4. They went 6-3, so they did well in the grand scheme of things. Now let's see if they can catch up for what they lost on the Detroit series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home