Saturday, August 25, 2007

Blah! Naysayers

I read an article on FoxSports.com talking about the Central Divisions for each League. Of course they mention the Tigers and Indians. On the NL they even mention of the Cubs and Brewers, AND the Cardinals. But no mention of the Twins? Even Fox sports power rankings count the Twins out of it at six games out of first.

What's funny about this is that the Twins are as close to first NOW as they were at this time last year. And we remember what happened last year right?

Maybe I'm a little overly optimistic (okay, I'm a LOT overly optimistic), but the Twins still do have a shot. After the Orioles series, the Twins play 25 of their last 32 games against the Central Division. If ever there was a time to put destiny in their own hands, this is it.

Okay, the offense has been horrid since the All-Star Break. But slumps do come to and end, and Morneau's due to have a hot streak. Anything can happen, and with this pitching staff, the Twins are certainly in good position to make a run for it.

Naysayers can talk and talk, but I still have hope. I know the probability is low (and I'm an actuary now). But these Twins aren't done yet. I can feel it. I think they could surprise a lot of people. In fact, I hope they do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home